How to care for my extensions?
Avoid using products that contain alcohol or sulfate to prevent dryness.
Avoid sleeping on wet hair, this causes hair matting, tangling and unnecessary shedding.
At night protect your hair extensions investment with a silk bonnet, protective braids, or a high bun.
Straight and Body Wave Hair Extensions
For best results please…
- Co-wash and condition each bundle of hair a minimum of once weekly.
- Only use sulfate and alcohol-free products that are moisture rich.
- Do not massage the hair extensions as to avoid creating friction which may lead to unruly hair frizz.
- Comb through the hair with a wide tooth comb from the ends of the hair to the weft.
- Rinse thoroughly in lukewarm water and brush in a downward motion preventing any snagging or tangling the hair.
- Oil each bundle while still wet to seal in moisture and retain luster.
- Allow hair extensions to air dry.
- After hair extensions have been custom colored please use product specially formulated for dyed hair.
- Please allow a professional to process any chemicals on the hair extensions including all dyes, bleaches or toners.
Curly or Wavy Hair Extensions
Follow directions for best results as listed above and also implement the following additional care tips for curly hair extensions.
- Perform maintenance a minimum of twice weekly.
- Leave Conditioner in for at least 15 minutes or more.
- When damp, apply a dime size of an anti-frizz alcohol free hair serum for a more tamed look.
- After conditioning add a moose, curl custard or curl defining gel to help maintain the texture pattern and prevent frizz.
- Excessive oil use will cause matting
- Do not brush or comb hair when dry, it will cause hair to frizz and may cause hair to tangle & break off.
- Curls Unleashed
Lace Wigs, Closures and Frontals
Lace products are recommended for professional application ONLY. The hair extensions are attached to the lace by a knot only. If lace pieces are over processed by bleach or any other chemical, you will experience a serious case of shedding Rough handling of the lace piece will also result in shedding. Your bundles of hair extensions are estimated to be reusable for about 1-2 years with proper care. It is recommended that you only reuse your lace products up 3-5 times with proper care.
Using improper products on your hair extensions will result in a dry, dull, tangled, damaged and unmanageable mess! Once natural hair is cut from a donor’s head, it stops receiving necessary nutriments that nourish and keep it soft, shiny & tangle-free. Therefore, it is vitally important to maintain and treat your hair extensions with the appropriate maintenance products as to maintain its original quality. Use heat in moderation. Do not use high temperatures. High temperatures can damage the hair and permanently alter the hair texture.